Bake Back America created Future Scientists as a platform for volunteers and recipients to connect through exciting science experiments. This initiative encourages recipients how fun learning can be through many different science experiences.
Hi! My name is Anika. I am 13 years old and in 8th grade. I Iove science because the world is so fascinating and love learning why things happen. I am passionate about giving back and hope to instill a love for learning that will impact lives for a lifetime.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Bake Back America matches a volunteer with a shelter, family center or private family.
• Bake Back America confirms day and time for session, ages and amount of children.
• Bake Back America supplies volunteer with recipient’s information.
• Volunteer prepares a one time or monthly calendar of science projects for the children. See helpful hints.
• Volunteer prepares sample science projects.
• Volunteer creates individual bags with appropriate supplies for chosen experiment.
• Volunteer prepares for a one hour session for science experiment .
• Volunteer confirms what supplies the recipient has for the experiments.
Option 1: Volunteer supplies necessary science items.
Option 2: Amazon list
• Volunteer can create an Amazon wishlist to collect supplies through social media. See helpful hints.
• Bake Back America sets up a group text with recipient and volunteer.
• Volunteer conducts a one hour session with children to complete the science experiment..
• Volunteer sends a zoom link 45 minutes to group text or supplied email to make craft
• If there is no response, volunteer calls recipient immediately and if there is no answer, contacts.Bake Back America.
• Volunteer offers face time if zoom isn’t working..
• Volunteer writes "done" on group text once session is completed.
• Option 1: Volunteer drop off is non contact.
• Option 2: Volunteer mails science kits.
• Bake Back America supplies volunteer with the address.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos of yourself and science project to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Waiver must be signed to take pictures of the recipient.
SOCIAL MEDIA EXAMPLE
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect items.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Future Scientists to collect science supplies for children in shelters. Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get started.
3. Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.