Grant a Wish(list): Zero Dollar Store
Bake Back America designed the Zero Dollar store as a platform to create an inviting environment for those in need to get a store shopping experience. Volunteers have an opportunity to be a part of this impactful event.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Bake Back America matches volunteer with a recipient from a shelter, family center, school or pantry.
• Bake Back America sends volunteer the recipient's contact information.
• Bake Back America confirms a day for the store.
• Bake Back America supplies the volunteer with the Zero Dollar Store list.
OPTION 1: COMMUNITY
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to donate wishlist items. See helpful hints.
• Bake Back America sets up a group text with recipient and volunteer.
• There are no virtual options unless contact sets up a face time.
• Volunteer must wear a mask and social distance.
Option 1: Recipient picks up.
Option 2: Volunteer drop off is non contact.
• Bake Back America supplies volunteer with address, day and time for drop off.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos of yourself and donation items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of the recipient.
SOCIAL MEDIA EXAMPLE
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect items.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Grant a Wishlist to collect wishlist items for families in need. Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
Fill out the recipient form.
Bake Back America will contact you to get started.
Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.
New York City
AAOHA, Bronx, NY.
School in the Square, New York City.
The Rebirth of a Woman, New York City.
Macedonia Baptist Church, Mount Vernon, NY.