Bake Back America will provide an outlet for children to take a break from their work routine. Volunteers will create a fun and interactive environment for students through zoom. This effort creates a balance in the lives of these children.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Bake Back America matches volunteer with a recipient(s) from a shelter, family center or private family.
• Bake Back America confirms day and time of session, ages and amount of children.
• Bake Back America supples volunteer withr receives contact information.
• Volunteer prepares for one hour session.
• Volunteer prepares a schedule using recommended recess activities (musical chairs, freeze dance, Simon says, scavenger hunts, sports and stretching).
• Bake Back America sets up a group text with recipient and volunteer.
• Volunteer will send a zoom link 45 minutes to group text or supplied email.
• Volunteer calls recipient or immediately contacts Bake Back America if recipient does not pick up.
• If zoom is not working offer face time.
• Once session is completed volunteer writes "done" on group text.
• Volunteer needs to wear mask and social distance.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos of yourself to email@example.com.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of the recipient.
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get started.
3. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.
1 session = 1 hour recess
Coachman Family Center,
White Plains, NY.
Vernon Plaza Shelter, Mount Vernon, NY.
New York City
Anchorage Children's Center, Alaska.
Individual families, NYC.
Bethany House, Roosevelt, NY.