Bake Back America is inspired to facilitate the continuation of education through zoom tutoring. The effort ensures students have an understanding of fundamental concepts as well as assisting in their homework.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Bake Back America matches volunteer with a recipient from a shelter, family center or private home.
• Bake Back America confirms day and time for session, age and amount of children.
• Bake Back America supplies contact information.
• Volunteer prepares for a 45 minute session with student.
• Volunteer provides educational support for homework.
• Volunteer prepares age appropriate math concepts and english reading passages. See helpful hints.
• Bake Back America sets up a group text with recipient and volunteer.
• Volunteer conducts 45 minute educational session.
• Volunteer will send a reoccurring zoom link 45 minutes to group text or supplied email.
• If there is no response, volunteer calls recipient immediately and if there is no response contact Bake Back America.
• Volunteer face times If zoom is not working.
• Volunteer writes "done" on group text once session is completed.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos of yourself to email@example.com.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of the recipient.
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get started.
3. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.
1 session = 45 minutes
Bethany House, Roosevelt, NY.
New York City
Town and Country, Bronx, NY.
Individual families, North Carolina.
New York City
Long Island, NY
"My name is Elana and I am from Long Island, NY. I am 21 years old and currently in college studying Early Childhood Education, so when I heard about this organization I was eager to help out. I started participating in the Zoom Story Time program reading to children in homeless shelters. I really enjoyed participating, but wanted to find ways to help out more. Bake Back America has created an educational tutoring program which allowed me to do something I love to do while helping others. This program allows our recipients to receive tutoring they otherwise would be unable to receive. I’m so glad to be a part of this amazing organization and am looking forward to watching it grow even further!"