Bath Soap and More was created to bring awareness for the need of toiletries to children in shelters and families in need. This effort will allow volunteers to create a personalized collection box to be placed in desired locations for dropping off donated toiletries.
Kaitlyn and Bella are juniors in high school and they are very passionate about giving back and have been very involved in many of Bake Back America's efforts. They have created awareness for the need of toiletries and have collected donations impacting many in need.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Bake Back America matches volunteer with a recipient from a shelter, family center, pantry or private family.
• Bake Back America sends volunteer the recipient's contact information.
• Volunteer gets and decorates a collection box. See helpful hints.
OPTION 1: COMMUNITY
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to donate toiletries. See helpful hints.
OPTION 2: SCHOOLS
• Volunteer contacts schools to inspire them to donate toiletries.
• The attached letter can be emailed to contact to outline details of the effort.
• Leaders promote drive on social media and schools can use their database. See helpful hints.
OPTION 3: YOU CHOOSE
• Volunteer chooses their avenue of collecting items. For example: through sports teams, after school clubs and activities, religious institutions, Amazon list and more.
• Volunteer drop off is non contact.
• Bake Back America supplies volunteer with the address, day and time.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos of yourself and the box to email@example.com.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of the recipient.
LET'S BE CREATIVE
• Decorate a Bath Soap and More box that can be used to collect toiletries.
• Print out label to place on the box.
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect toiletries.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Bath Soap and More to collect toiletries for families in need. Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get started.
3. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.
Shiloh Baptist Church, New Rochelle, NY.
Hope Community Services, New Rochelle, NY.
Bowen Memorial Outreach Program, Mount Vernon.
Bethany African Methodist Episcopal Church, Yonkers, NY.
New York City
AAOHA, Bronx, NY.
ICNA Relief, Bronx, NY.
Interfaith Nutrition Network, Long Island, NY.
Bethany House, Long Island, NY.