Friday Night Fun
Friday night social was created to bring social activities for children in shelters after a long week of school. This effort is a platform that allows kids to consistently look forward to Friday Nights. The interactive hour brings excitement as children can win prizes and make yummy desserts.
Hi, my name is Adam and I am 13 years old. I am passionate about helping others especially bringing fun and games to children less fortunate. I have partnered with Bake Back America to help facilitate Friday night bingo and cupcake decorating to kids as an escape from their daily routine.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Volunteer will be matched with a shelter, family center or private family.
• Volunteer will receive day, time and amount of children.
• Volunteer will receive contact information.
• Volunteer will prepare for a one hour session.
• Volunteer will choose from bingo and cupcake decorating to create a fun Friday night.
Option 1: BINGO
• Bake Back America will confirm recipient has bingo set and prizes.
• Volunteer calls a letter and number.
• Volunteer keeps track on paper.
• Letters are BINGO
• Numbers are as follows
B - 1-15
G - 46-60
O - 61-75O
Option 2: CUPCAKE DECORATING
• Volunteer will supply a given amount of cupcakes and decorative toppings to be dropped off at shelter.
• Recommendation that toppings be individually
• Two themed cupcakes are recommended.
• Bake Back America will set up a group text with recipient and volunteer.
• Volunteer will send a zoom link 45 minutes to group text or supplied email.
• If recipient does not pick up volunteer should call recipient immediately or contact Bake Back America.
• If zoom is not working offer face time.
• Once session is completed volunteer writes ‘done’ on group text.
• Volunteer must wear a mask and social distance.
• Bingo - Bake Back America will confirm recipient has a bingo set.
• Cupcake decorating - volunteer will confirm a day and time and non contact drop off of supplies.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of children.
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get you started.
3. Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others
Coachman Family Shelter in White Plains, NY.
Friday Bingo Night: 6 sessions
Cupcake Decorating: 1 session