Seniors Night Out
Bake Back America was inspired to create Seniors Night Out due to the lack of senior programs resulting from COVID 19. This initiative enables volunteers to connect to this age group through a variety of activities such as dance, bingo, story time, and sing alongs. Volunteers will have an opportunity to give joy and companionship to so many in need.
My name is Michelle Herman and I am a social worker, mom, and human rights advocate. A program I feel passionate about is the jetta* program (Jewish Teens Taking Action). You can find out more about what I do at www.binacounseling.com
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Bake Back America matches volunteer with a recipient from a nursing home or private home.
• Bake Back America confirms day and time of session and activities for senior(s).
• Bake Back America supplies volunteer with contact information.
• Volunteer will prepare for one hour session with senior(s).
• Volunteer will choose from a variety of activities; crafting, dancing, story time, Friday night bingo and sing alongs. See helpful hints.
• Bake Back America will confirm recipient has bingo set and prizes.
• Volunteer calls a letter and number.
• Volunteer keeps track on paper.
• Letters are BINGO
• Numbers are as follows
B - 1-15
G - 46-60
O - 61-75O
• Bake Back America will set up a group text with recipient and volunteer.
• Volunteer conducts one hour session with senior of chosen activities.
• Volunteer will send a zoom link 45 minutes to group text or supplied email.
• If there is no response, volunteer calls recipient immediately and if there is no response contact Bake Back America.
• Volunteer face times If zoom is not working.
• Volunteer writes "done" on group text once session is completed.
• Volunteer needs to wear mask and social distance.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of children or seniors.
SENIOR PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get you started.
3. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.