Vanilla Cake Pops by Alexandra Simon
You will need:
• 2 1/4 cups flour
• 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cups butter ( 1 1/2 sticks ) room temp
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1 cup whole milk
1. Use stand mixer with paddle attachment. Beat butter and sugar on medium high speed until pale and fluffy, then add each egg, waiting to add the next one until it is completely combined. Add in the vanilla.
2. Next, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Alternate the flour mix and milk, doing three rounds of flour and two rounds of milk.
4. Put parchment on the bottom of the cake pan and use cooking oil to coat the sides ( PAM spray) pour in batter and bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes, might be longer or shorter depending on the size of your cake pan. Test cake with a cake tester or toothpick, and if it comes out clean then you can take out your cake!
5. Once your cakes are done, let cool, and while they are cooling, make your whipped cream, taking 1 cup of heavy cream and whipping it on high speed or with a hand whisk until it becomes supper fluffy and is now more sturdy instead of a liquid. Your cakes should be cool now, so turn them out into a large bowl and then mush them up with your hands or a spatula to create cake crumbs. Add in your whipped cream one large spoonful at a time, and mush it up with your hands or a spatula some more, until the mixture is now clumping together, like cookie dough mix. Take about 2-3 tablespoons worth of the mix and roll it to make a little ball shape. Using a cake pop stick or toothpick or chopstick, insert your stick into the cake pop, but be careful not to go all the way through. Do this for the rest of the mix, you should make about 20-25 cake pops depending on how large you make them. Put your cake pops into the freezer for 30 minutes.
5 minutes before you take out your cake pops, melt some chocolate in a deep cup so that you can easily dip your cake pops in the melted chocolate. Once it is melted, add a tablespoon of canola or vegetable oil to allow it to stick better to the cake pops and give it a little shine. Now take out your cake pops and dip them into the chocolate, and if you are putting sprinkles on top make sure to do it right after you dip the cake pop, other wise the chocolate will harden and they won’t stick! Let them freeze for another 20 minutes, and then you’re done!