Banana Bread by Alexandra Simon
You will need:
• 1 stick of butter, melted (1/2 cup)
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup of sour cream or greek yogurt*
• 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (medium-large size)
• 1 1/2 sticks cold butter
• 1 1/2 cup flour
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• Pinch of salt and cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray a 9 inch loaf pan, set aside
2. In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, and sugars. Add the eggs one and a time and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
3. Sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt over the butter mixture and stir to mix until just combined. Fold in the bananas and sour cream.
4. To make your crumb topping cut up the cold butter, and then add the flour, both sugars, salt, and cinnamon to the butter and mix with your hands until you have small pea sized pieces of butter and they are all coated with the flour.
5. Pour 1/2 of the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle your crumb topping all over the batter. Pour in the rest of your batter and then bake for 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool until warm before serving.