Pets and Vets: Pet Holidays
Pets and Vets created Pet Holidays to inspire pet lovers to recognize and allow pets to feel part of the holiday festivities. This act of kindness brings awareness for the need of help and care these pets need. The decorative pet treats can be baked or store bought
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Volunteer will be matched with an animal shelter that accepts holiday pet treats.
• Volunteer will receive contact information.
• Bake holiday treats for the chosen shelter.
• Create fun decorations for animal shelter.
• Knit or craft a holiday blanket for animals in shelter.
• Bake Back America will set up a group text with recipient and volunteer
• Volunteer will do a non contact drop off with items.
• Volunteer will be supplied with address, day and time.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos.
1 ¼ cups grated carrots
1 ¼ cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup grated apple
½ cup natural peanut butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Mix carrots, oats, and apple together in a large bowl. Whisk peanut butter and eggs until thoroughly combined in a second bowl. Pour into the oat mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
Drop 1 1/2 tablespoonfuls of batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each treat with your hands until they are 1/2-inch thick.
Bake in the preheated oven until treats are firm to the touch and begin to brown on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool a few minutes on the baking sheets before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.