Laptops for Learning
Laptops for learning was created in response for the great need for technology. Children and families are struggling with virtual learning due to the lack of working laptops and iPads per household. This effort will allow more children to receive proper education in their home.
Jocelyn, a junior in high school and Samantha, an eighth grader are very passionate about helping children learn. The sisters recognized the need for technology when tutoring a child in a shelter that was sharing one laptop among five siblings. This inspired them to join partners with Bake Back America to create an effort for a way for individuals and communities to come together to donate personal or company technology devices.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Bake Back America matches volunteer with a recipient from a shelter, family center, pantry or private family.
• Bake Back America sends volunteer the recipient's contact information.
• Volunteer gets and decorates a collection box. See helpful hints.
OPTION 1: COMMUNITY
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to donate laptops. See helpful hints.
OPTION 2: SCHOOLS
• Volunteer contacts schools to inspire them to donate laptops.
• The attached letter can be emailed to contact to outline details of the effort.
• Leaders promote drive on social media and schools can use their database. See helpful hints.
OPTION 3: YOU CHOOSE
• Volunteer chooses their avenue of collecting items. For example: through sports teams, after school clubs and activities, religious institutions, Amazon list and more.
• Volunteer drop off is non contact.
• Bake Back America supplies volunteer with the address, day and time.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos of yourself and the box to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of the recipient.
LET'S BE CREATIVE
• Decorate a Laptops for Learning box that can be used to collect technology.
• Print out label to place on the box.
SOCIAL MEDIA EXAMPLE
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect items.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Laptops for Learning to collect laptops for families in need. Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get started.
3. Email photos email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.
Thank you so much for the laptop I've needed one for a while now since quarantine to help me do my schoolwork easier and actually be able to study at home now.
Individual families, Westchester.
Ossining Children's Center,
HOPE Community Services,
New Rochelle, NY.
New York City
Church of G-d, Bronx, NY.
Bronx Parent Housing Network, Bronx, NY.
Individual families, NYC.
AAOHA, Bronx, NY.
Interval Rapid Rehousing, Bronx, NY.
Individual families, Chicago, IL.