Laptops for Learning
Laptops for learning was created in response for the great need for technology. Children and families are struggling with virtual learning due to the lack of working laptops and iPads per household. This effort will allow more children to receive proper education in their home.
Jocelyn, a junior in high school and Samantha, an eighth grader are very passionate about helping children learn. The sisters recognized the need for technology when tutoring a child in a shelter that was sharing one laptop among five siblings. This inspired them to join partners with Bake Back America to create an effort for a way for individuals and communities to come together to donate personal or company technology devices.
Choose your option for collecting laptops and iPads.
OPTION 1: COMMUNITY
- Use social media to inspire community members to donate laptops and iPads.
- Technology will be a non-contact drop-off at a leaders house.
OPTION 2: SCHOOLS
- Contact schools to inspire them to donate technology.
- The attached letter can be emailed to contact to outline details of the effort.
- Leaders can promote drive on social media and schools can use their database.
OPTION 3: YOU CHOOSE
- You choose your avenue of collecting items. For example: through sports teams, after school clubs and activities, religious institutions and more.
LET'S BE CREATIVE
- Decorate a Laptops for Learning box that can be used to collect technology.
- Print out label to place on the box.
- Schools supplying the box can print out the label and attach it to the box.
- Collect the boxes so Bake Back America can get the technology to families in need.