Joggers for Juniors: February Give Back
Creative Efforts was designed to empower children with special needs to express themselves through art projects, card making and painting as a way for them to feel their important role in giving back. The themed creations focuses the children to feel confident and successful on their mission to be performing acts of kindness.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Bake Back America supplies all contact information.
• Joggers for Juniors confirms day and time, ages and amount of children.
Givers: children with special needs making Valentine's Day item
• Joggers for Juniors or volunteer chooses an organization or child with special needs to empower.
Recipients: receiving Valentine's Day item
• Joggers for Juniors or volunteer chooses the recipient from shelter, family center, hospital, nursing home, to receive the Valentine's Day give back item.
• Volunteer prepares a one hour session with children with special needs to make Valentine's Day give back project.
• Volunteer prepares a Valentine's Day template or a drawing concept. See helpful hints.
• Volunteer prepares a give back item using the artwork from the children. For example, notebook, calendar, etc. See helpful hints.
• Volunteer confirms children have crayons and markers and a printer for templates.
• Volunteer collects supplies if needed.
• Volunteers sets up a virtual session with children with special needs and volunteer.
• Bake Back America supplies volunteer with address.
• Option 1: Volunteer mails artwork to Bake Back America.
• Option 2: Volunteers scans artwork and sends to Bake Back America.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos if yourself and creative effort to email@example.com.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of the recipient.
Organizations with Children with Special Needs:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get started.
3. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.
Friendship Circle, Long Island, NY.
Coloring pages, a calendar and candy.
Ossining Children's Shelter in Ossining, NY.
Coachman Family Center in White Plains, NY.
Bethany House in Long Island, NY.