Grant a Wish(list): Holiday Wishes
Bake Back America created Holiday Wishes to inspire individuals and communities to bring the joys of the holidays to those in shelters and less fortunate. This effort is so impactful because it connects volunteers and recipients together when giving is so important.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Volunteer will be matched during a holiday with a recipient (shelter, family center, pantry or private family).
• Volunteer will receive contact information.
• Volunteer will create a wish through creating a holiday event.
• Event should include an holiday specific art project, baked goods or food, and fun and games.
Option 1: Community
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to donate wishlist items. See helpful hints.
Option 2: Amazon List
• Create an Amazon list with wishlist items.
• List can be sent directly to recipient or volunteer.
• Bake Back America will set up a group text with recipient and volunteer.
• Volunteer will join the event through a virtual session.
• Volunteer will send a zoom link 45 minutes to group text or supplied email to make event.
• If recipient does not pick up volunteer should call recipient immediately or contact Bake Back America.
• If zoom is not working offer face time.
• Once session is completed volunteer writes "done" on group text.
• Volunteer needs to wear mask and social distance during in person events.
• Volunteer brings all event supplies.
• Volunteer does a non contact drop off of art supplies and items.
• Volunteer will be given an address, day and time for drop off.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of children.
SOCIAL MEDIA EXAMPLE
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect baby formula.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Holiday Wishes to collect items for a holiday event. Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
Fill out the recipient form.
Bake Back America will contact you to get you started.
Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others