Holiday Clean Up: Holiday Recycling
Bake Back America created Holiday Recycling to inspire individuals and communities to come together to donate holiday accessories to be reused by a recipient for other purposes.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Volunteer will be matched with a recipient from a shelter, family center, pantry or private family.
• Volunteer will receive contact information.
• Volunteer chooses a holiday that you will be collecting accessories (costumes, decorations, and unopened food and candy).
• Volunteer will create a recycling idea with items that can include a project or event.
• Volunteer can create and decorate a Clean Up box. See helpful hints.
OPTION 1: COMMUNITY
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to donate accessories. See helpful hints.
OPTION 2: SCHOOLS
• Contact schools to inspire them to donate accessories.
• The attached letter can be emailed to contact to outline details of the effort.
• Leaders can promote drive on social media and schools can use their database. See helpful hints.
OPTION 3: YOU CHOOSE
• You choose your avenue of collecting items. For example: through sports teams, after school clubs and activities, religious institutions and more.
• Bake Back America will set up a group text with recipient and volunteer.
• Volunteer will send a zoom link 45 minutes prior to group text or supplied email if they created a project or event.
• Volunteer can have the opportunity in this session to be part of the birthday celebration.
• If recipient does not pick up volunteer calls recipient or immediately contacts Bake Back America.
• Face time is an option.
• Volunteer must wear a mask and social distance.
• Volunteer does a non contact drop off of Clean Up items for recycling.
• Volunteer will be given the address, day and time for drop off.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of children.
LET'S BE CREATIVE
• Decorate a box that can be used to collect accessories (costumes, decorations, and individually wrapped candy).
• Print out label to place on the box.
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect accessories for families in shelters.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Holiday Clean Up to collect accessories such as costumes and decorations for families in shelters. Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get you started.
3. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.