Holiday Clean Up & Store
Bake Back America created Holiday Clean Up & Store to inspire individuals and communities to donate accessories and donate to shelters and families in need.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Volunteer will be matched with a recipient from a shelter, family center, pantry or private family for your holiday cleanup items to be stored until next season.
• Volunteer will receive contact information.
• Choose your holiday that you will be collecting accessories (costumes, decorations, and unopened food and candy).
• Volunteer can decorate a collection box that can be used at collection sites. See helpful hints.
OPTION 1: COMMUNITY
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to donate accessories. See helpful hints.
OPTION 2: SCHOOLS
• Contact schools to inspire them to donate accessories.
• The attached letter can be emailed to contact to outline details of the effort.
• Leaders can promote drive on social media and schools can use their database. See helpful hints.
OPTION 3: YOU CHOOSE
• You choose your avenue of collecting items. For example: through sports teams, after school clubs and activities, religious institutions and more.
Option 1: Recipient picks up.
Option 2: Volunteer does a non contact drop off with supplied address, day and time.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of children.
LET'S BE CREATIVE
• Decorate a box that can be used to collect accessories (costumes, decorations, and individually wrapped candy).
• Print out label to place on the box.
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect accessories for families in shelters.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Holiday Clean Up to collect accessories such as costumes and decorations for families in shelters. Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get you started.
3. Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.
Long Island, NY