Holiday Clean Up & Store
Bake Back America created Holiday Clean Up & Store to inspire individuals and communities to donate accessories and donate to shelters and families in need. This initiative allows volunteers to help recipients celebrate holidays in the future.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Bake Back America matches volunteer with a recipient from a shelter, family center, pantry or private family for your holiday cleanup items to be stored until next season.
• Bake Back America sends volunteer the recipient’s contact information.
• Volunteer chooses a Holiday Clean Up; accessories, costumes, decorations, and unopened food and candy.
• Volunteer gets and decorates a collection box. See helpful hints.
OPTION 1: COMMUNITY
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to donate accessories. See helpful hints.
OPTION 2: SCHOOLS
• Volunteer contacts schools to inspire them to donate accessories.
• The attached letter can be emailed to contact to outline details of the effort.
• Leaders promote drive on social media and schools can use their database. See helpful hints.
OPTION 3: YOU CHOOSE
• Volunteer chooses their avenue of collecting items. For example: through sports teams, after school clubs and activities, religious institutions and more.
Bake Bake America sets up a group text with volunteer and recipient.
• Volunteer drop off is non contact.
• Back Back America supplies volunteer with address, day and time for drop off.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos of yourself and your donation items to email@example.com.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of the recipient.
LET'S BE CREATIVE
• Decorate a box that can be used to collect accessories (costumes, decorations, and individually wrapped candy).
• Print out label to place on the box.
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect accessories for families in shelters.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Holiday Clean Up to collect accessories such as costumes and decorations for families in shelters. Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get started.
3. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.
Long Island, NY