Craft with Me: Give Back
Craft with Me created the Give Back program as a platform to empower children in shelters, family centers, and schools to create and give back to others in need.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Volunteer will receive all contact information.
Giver of art project
• Volunteer will be matched with a recipient from a shelter, family center or private family.
• Volunteer will receive the confirmed day, time, ages and total children for the session.
Recipient for the give back item
• Volunteer will choose a recipient that children will make give back item for (hospital, first responder, nursing home).
• Amount of projects will be confirmed.
• Volunteer will prepare for a one hour session.
• Volunteer will create a give back project; cards, painting, book marks.
• Choose a short passage or book on the importance of giving back. See helpful hints.
• Volunteer needs to confirm that recipient has all art supplies if not volunteer needs to collect.
Option 1: Community
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to receive art supplies. See helpful hints.
Option 2: Amazon list
• Volunteer can create an Amazon wishlist to collect supplies.
• Bake Back America will set up a group text with recipient and volunteer.
• Volunteer must wear mask and social distance for all in-person sessions.
Virtual for recipient making give back item
• Volunteer will send a zoom link 45 minutes to group text or supplied email to make craft
• If recipient does not pick up volunteer should call recipient immediately or contact Bake Back America.
• Face time if zoom is not working.
• Once session is completed volunteer writes "done" on group text.
Virtual for recipient receiving give back item
• Volunteer can send a zoom link to be part of children receiving give back item.
• Volunteer does a non contact drop off or mails art supplies
• Volunteer will ensure give back project gets delivered to recipient.
• Volunteer will receive an address, day and time for drop off.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of children.
GIVE BACK BOOKS
SOCIAL MEDIA EXAMPLE
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect items.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Craft with Me to collect art supplies for children in shelters. Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
Have You Filled a Bucket Today?
By Carol McCloud
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get you started
3. Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.
New York City
PS 131Q in Jamaica, NY.
Kids in an after school program made 15 cards and bookmarks.
Salvation Army Springfield Family Residence in Jamaica, NY.
15 cards and bookmarks.
Family members of children from School in the Square in Manhattan, NY.
100 Thank You cards.
School in the Square in Manhattan, NY.
100 kindergarteners are coloring Thank You cards for their parents.