Grant a Wish(list): Holiday Wishes
Bake Back America created Holiday Wishes to connect volunteers and recipients during the holiday seasons. This initiative allows volunteers an opportunity to give back during these festive times.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Bake Back America matches volunteer during a holiday with a recipient from a shelter, family center, pantry or private family.
• Bake Back America confirms a recipient(s) holiday wishlist.
• Bake Back America supplies volunteer the recipient's contact information.
• Volunteer prepares a holiday to fulfill a family or child's wishlist (December holidays, Valentine's Day, birthdays).
• Optional: volunteer prepares for a virtual session during the holiday.
• Volunteer collects and purchases items.
• Bake Back America sets up a group text with recipient and volunteer.
• Optional: Volunteer conducts a holiday get together through a virtual session.
• Volunteer sends a zoom link 45 minutes to group text or supplied email to make event.
• If there is no response, volunteer calls recipient immediately and if there is no answer, contact Bake Back America.
• Volunteer face times if zoom is not working.
• Volunteer writes"done" on group text once session is completed.
Option 1: Volunteer drop off is non contact.
Option 2: Volunteer mails holiday gifts.
• Bake Back America supplies volunteer with address, day and time for drop off.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos of donation items and the event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of the recipient.
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
Fill out the recipient form.
Bake Back America will contact you to get started.
Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.
Numbers = amount of wishlists covered
DECEMBER HOLIDAYS 2020
Individual families, Westchester, NY.
Ossining Children's Center, Westchester, NY.
30 new toys.
Coachman Family Center, White Plains, NY.
New York City
Individual families, NYC.
Macedonia Baptist Church, NYC.
Church of G-d Good Neighbors Outreach, Bronx, NY.
Individual families, Chicago, IL.
ICNA Relief, NYC.
150 new toys.
Town and Country, NYC.
Interval Rapid Rehousing, Bronx, NY.
Individual families, North Carolina.
Individual families, Philadelphia.