Cozy Coats was created to inspire individuals and communities to come together to collect coats and jackets that can be donated to those in need. The cold months are arriving and the need for warm outer garments are becoming necessities for daily living. This effort is more important than ever as the numbers rise for people waiting in food lines.
Hi my name is Elana. I am from Long Island, New York. I am finishing college as an early education major. I have always loved working with children and am currently an assistant teacher in a nursery school in a 2’s class!
Choose your option for collecting coats.
OPTION 1: COMMUNITY
- Use social media to inspire community members to donate coats.
- Coats will be a non-contact drop-off at a leaders house.
OPTION 2: SCHOOLS
- Contact schools to inspire them to donate coats.
- The attached letter can be emailed to contact to outline details of the effort.
- Leaders can promote drive on social media and schools can use their database.
OPTION 3: YOU CHOOSE
- You choose your avenue of collecting items. For example: through sports teams, after school clubs and activities, religious institutions and more.
LET'S BE CREATIVE
- Decorate a Cozy Coats box that can be used to collect coats.
- Print out label to place on the box.
- Schools supplying the box can print out the label and attach it to the box.
- Collect the boxes so Bake Back America can get the coats to families in need.