Cozy Coats was created to inspire individuals and communities to come together to collect coats and jackets that can be donated to those in need. The cold months are arriving and the need for warm outer garments are becoming necessities for daily living. This effort is more important than ever as the numbers rise for people waiting in food lines.
Hi my name is Elana. I am from Long Island, New York. I am finishing college as an early education major. I have always loved working with children and am currently an assistant teacher in a nursery school in a 2’s class!
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Bake Back America matches volunteer with a recipient from a shelter, family center, pantry or private family.
• Bake Back America sends volunteer the recipient's contact information.
• Volunteer gets and decorates a collection box. See helpful hints.
OPTION 1: COMMUNITY
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to donate coats. See helpful hints.
OPTION 2: SCHOOLS
• Volunteer contacts schools to inspire them to donate coats.
• The attached letter can be emailed to contact to outline details of the effort.
• Leaders promote drive on social media and schools can use their database.
OPTION 3: YOU CHOOSE
• Volunteer chooses their avenue of collecting items. For example: through sports teams, after school clubs and activities, religious institutions, Amazon list and more.
• Volunteer drop off is non contact.
• Bake Back America supplies volunteer with address, day and time.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos of yourself and the box to email@example.com.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of the recipient.
LET'S BE CREATIVE
• Decorate a Cozy Coats box that can be used to collect coats.
• Print out label to place on the box.
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect accessories for families in shelters.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Cozy Coats to collect coats and jackets for families in shelters. Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get started.
3. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.
Union Baptist Church, New Rochelle, NY.
New Rochelle Municipal Housing, New Rochelle, NY.
HOPE Family Services, New Rochelle, NY.
Macedonia Church, Mt. Vernon, NY.
San Andres, Yonkers, NY.
Individual families, Westchester, NY.
Ossining Children's Center, Ossining, NY.
Bethany AME, Yonkers, NY.
New York City
Individual families in New York City.
School in the Square, Manhattan, NY.
Church of G-d Good Neighbors Outreach, Bronx, NY.
Flagstone Family Center, Brooklyn, NY.
AAOHA in the Bronx, NY.
The Rebirth of a Woman, New York City.
ICNA Relief, Bronx, NY.
Ibrahim Lawson Fofanah Charity Foundation, NYC.
Individual families, North Carolina.