Pets and Vets: Care and Collect
Care and Collect was created as a platform to grant wishes for necessary pet items such as food, leashes and blankets for animals in shelters and in need. Care and Collect was inspired to bring awareness to the high levels of poverty with pets during COVID-19.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Volunteer will be matched with a recipient from an animal shelter.
• Volunteer will receive contact information.
• Volunteer can decorate a collection box that can be used at collection sites.
• Choose a short passage or book on the importance of giving back. See helpful hints.
OPTION 1: COMMUNITY
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to donate items for pets in shelters (bowls, leashes, and blankets). See helpful hints.
OPTION 2: SCHOOLS
• Contact schools to inspire them to donate items for pets in shelters (bowls, leashes, and blankets).
• The attached letter can be emailed to contact to outline details of the effort.
• Leaders can promote drive on social media and schools can use their database. See helpful hints.
OPTION 3: YOU CHOOSE
• You choose your avenue of collecting items. For example: through sports teams, after school clubs and activities, religious institutions, Amazon list and more.
Option 1: Recipient picks up.
Option 2: Volunteer does a non contact drop off with supplied address, day and time.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos.
LET'S BE CREATIVE
• Decorate a Pets for Vets box that can be used to collect pet supplies.
• Print out label to place on the box.
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect wishlist items for pets in shelters.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Pets and Vets to collect pet items such as food, leashes, collars and blankets for a local shelter. (name the shelter). Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get you started
3. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others
Westchester Humane Society in New Rochelle, NY.