Pets and Vets: Care and Collect
Care and Collect was created as a platform to grant wishes for necessary pet items such as food, leashes and blankets for animals in shelters and in need. Care and Collect was inspired to bring awareness to the high levels of poverty with pets during COVID-19.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Bake Back America matches volunteer with a recipient from an animal shelter.
• Bake Back America sends volunteer the recipient's contact information.
• Volunteer prepares wishlist items for pets in shelters such as bowls, leashes and blankets.
• Volunteer gets and decorates a collection box. See helpful hints
OPTION 1: COMMUNITY
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to donate items. See helpful hints.
OPTION 2: SCHOOLS
• Volunteer contacts schools to inspire them to donate items for pets in shelters.
• The attached letter can be emailed to contact to outline details of the effort.
• Leaders promote drive on social media and schools can use their database. See helpful hints.
OPTION 3: YOU CHOOSE
• Volunteer chooses their avenue of collecting items. For example: through sports teams, after school clubs and activities, religious institutions, Amazon list and more.
• Volunteer drop off is non contact.
• Bake Back America supplies volunteer with address, day and time.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos of yourself and donations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of the recipient.
LET'S BE CREATIVE
• Decorate a Pets for Vets box that can be used to collect pet supplies.
• Print out label to place on the box.
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect wishlist items for pets in shelters.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Pets and Vets to collect pet items such as food, leashes, collars and blankets for a local shelter. (name the shelter). Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get started.
3. Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.
Westchester Humane Society in New Rochelle, NY.