Holiday Clean Up: Birthday Celebration
Bake Back America created Birthday Celebration to inspire communities to donate birthday decorations to enable volunteers to recreate birthdays for children and adults in shelters and family centers.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Volunteer will be matched with a recipient from a shelter, family center, pantry or private family.
• Volunteer will get birthday lists from recipient.
• Volunteer will receive recipient contact information.
• Volunteer will use the birthday decorations to create a birthday party for a child in a shelter or family center.
• Volunteer can bake or store bought cupcakes and create fun and games for the child and friends.
• See helpful hints.
OPTION 1: COMMUNITY
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to donate accessories.
• See helpful hints.
OPTION 2: SCHOOLS
• Contact schools to inspire them to donate accessories.
• The attached letter can be emailed to contact to outline details of the effort.
• Leaders can promote drive on social media and schools can use their database.
OPTION 3: YOU CHOOSE
• You choose your avenue of collecting items. For example: through sports teams, after school clubs and activities, religious institutions and more.
• Bake Back America will set up a group text with recipient and volunteer.
• Volunteer will send a zoom link 45 minutes prior to group text or supplied email if they created a project or event.
• Volunteer can have the opportunity in this session to be part of the birthday celebration.
• If recipient does not pick up volunteer calls recipient or immediately contacts Bake Back America.
• Face time is an option.
• Volunteer must wear a mask and social distance.
• Volunteer does a non contact drop off of Holiday Clean Up items.
• Volunteer will be given the address, day and time for drop off.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of children.
LET'S BE CREATIVE
BIRTHDAY FUN AND GAMES
• Volunteer can do simon sez, freeze dance and an art project.
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect accessories for families in shelters.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Holiday Clean Up to collect accessories such as costumes and decorations for families in shelters. Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get you started.
3. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.