Bake Back America created Birthday Celebration to inspire communities to donate birthday decorations to enable volunteers to recreate birthdays for children and adults in shelters and family centers. This initiative connects volunteers and recipients to share the joy of such a special occassion.
Holiday Clean Up: Birthday Celebration
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Bake Back America matches volunteer with a recipient from a shelter, family center, pantry or private family.
• Bake Back America supplies volunteer with recipient’s birthday lists.
• Bake Back America supplies recipient with contact information.
• Bake Back America confirms day and time of session, ages and amount of children.
• Volunteer collects birthday decorations and accessories.
• Volunteer gets and decorates a Holiday Clean Up Box. See helpful hints.
• Volunteer prepares for a one hour birthday party for recipient.
• Volunteer bakes or purchases cupcakes and prepares games for the child and friends. See helpful hints.
• Optional: gift under $25.
OPTION 1: COMMUNITY
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to donate accessories. See helpful hints.
OPTION 2: SCHOOLS
• Volunteer contacts schools to inspire them to donate accessories.
• The attached letter can be emailed to contact to outline details of the effort.
• Leaders promote drive on social media and schools can use their database.
OPTION 3: YOU CHOOSE
• Volunteer chooses their avenue of collecting items. For example: through sports teams, after school clubs and activities, religious institutions and more.
• Bake Back America sets up a group text with recipient and volunteer.
• Volunteer conducts one hour session to run the birthday party.
• Volunteer sends a zoom link 45 minutes prior to group text or supplied email.
• If there is no response, volunteer calls recipient immediately and if there is no answer, contacts Bake Back America.
• Volunteer offers face time if zoom isn’t working.
• Volunteer writes "done" on group text when session completed.
In Person Session
• Volunteer must wear a mask and social distance.
• Volunteer drop off is non contact.
• Bake Back America supplies volunteer with address, day and time for drop off.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos of yourself and donation items to email@example.com.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of the recipient.
LET'S BE CREATIVE
BIRTHDAY FUN AND GAMES
• Volunteer can do simon sez, freeze dance and an art project.
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect accessories for families in shelters.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Holiday Clean Up to collect accessories such as costumes and decorations for families in shelters. Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form.
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get started.
3. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.