Craft with Me: Art in a Bag
Craft with Me created Art in a Bag is a platform for volunteers to connect with children in shelters, community centers, or individuals through art projects sent in a bag.
1. Fill out the volunteer form.
• Volunteer will be matched with a shelter, family center or private family.
• Volunteer will decide if this is weekly, monthly or one time.
• Day and time will be confirmed.
• Volunteer will receive contact information.
• Volunteer will prepare for a one hour art session.
• Volunteer will create a calendar that reflects a schedule of art projects for the recipient.
• Volunteer will create individual art bags with appropriate supplies for chosen projects.
• Volunteer needs to confirm that recipient has all art supplies if not volunteer needs to collect.
Option 1: Community
• Use social media and text family and friends in your community to receive art supplies. See helpful hints.
Option 2: Amazon list
• Volunteer can create an Amazon wishlist to collect supplies.
Option 3: Company donation
• Volunteer calls company to sponsor Art in a Bag by donating specific supplies.
• Bake Back America will set up a group text with recipient and volunteer.
• Volunteer will send a zoom link 45 minutes to group text or supplied email.
• If recipient does not pick up volunteer should call recipient immediately or contact Bake Back America.
• If zoom is not working offer face time.
• Once session is completed volunteer writes "done" on group text.
• Volunteer must wear a mask and social distance.
• Volunteer does a non contact drop off of art supplies or mails items.
• Volunteer will receive all addresses.
• Help Bake Back America inspire others.
• Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can post and inspire others.
• Waiver must be signed to take photos of children.
SOCIAL MEDIA EXAMPLE
• Promote through social media (facebook, instagram) to collect items.
• Sample post:
Hi, my name is —- and I am so excited to be partnering with Bake Back America/Craft with Me to collect art supplies for children in shelters. Please pm me for my address to drop off on my front porch in my labeled donation box. Thank you.
Please click on this link for more information:
RECIPIENT PROGRAM STEPS
1. Fill out the recipient form
2. Bake Back America will contact you to get you started
3. Email photos to email@example.com so we can post and inspire others.
CRAFT WITH ME BOX: 2 sheets of paper, 1 glue bottle, 1 glue stick, 1 pair of scissors, 1 watercolor paint set, lei (for fun!), 2 play dohs, 10 markers, 2 tempera paint sticks.
CRAFT WITH ME KIT: All extra materials needed to do the craft (approx. 8 items).
EXTRA SUPPLIES: Spin art, play doh, dot paints and sticker sheets.
Coachman Family Center in White Plains, New York.
330 craft kits.
10 craft boxes.
Individual families in Westchester.
141 craft kits.
10 craft boxes.
11 extra supplies.
New York City
Individual families in
New York City.
104 craft kits.
6 craft boxes.
1 extra supply.
Doorways in Arlington, Virginia.
20 craft kits.
Vernon Plaza in Mount Vernon, New York.
96 craft kits.
12 craft boxes.
Ossining, New York.
40 craft kits.
Bethany House in Roosevelt, New York.
118 craft kits.
10 craft boxes.
1 craft kit.